The skirt was made from a dress pattern - it's just two squares gathered up and sewn to the waistband, with a side zip. I really wanted to put a pocket in but my tolerance for sewing is really short and I already had to take in the waistband so I decided to leave it. (It seems every time I measure my waist before sewing it mysteriously changes size by the time I've put everything together. Faff.)
And here's the top! It was actually made first, since I cut out the skirt then realized I didn't have a zip the right size. Yeah that's my typical approach to sewing, gather and cut everything at various intervals...
(grey top is from New Look Tall, red shorts are vintage and the wedges are Topshop)