Monday, 9 September 2013

Finished Knitting - Chevron Baby Blanket

I seem to have been knitting quickly this week because I've finished another item, using another Purl Bee pattern!  I think the combination of big needles and watching lots of movies helped me out a bit...  Now, I did follow the pattern to the letter, but somehow my white/cream striped section turned out much smaller than in the picture, and as a result looks a bit daft.  But I like the overall style anyway.
 I used double knitting wool from my stash so it didn't cost me any money to make up, plus it's not especially big so really the most you'd need would be for the main colour, and even that only took about 70g.  The finished size is about 34 x 20 inches.  I didn't bother to block it because I've never blocked a thing ever it didn't seem to need it.
A close up of the different colours - it's garter stitch all the way with a few decreases and increases along the way.  I love how simple it is to achieve the pretty zig-zag effect, although I think next time I'd use smaller needles and just add more stitches to make it wider.
It's going to a girl at work who's pregnant.  As you may have guessed from my Twitter moans, she's not my favourite person in the world, but it seemed like a nice wee gift to give and maybe it'll stop her talking about how ill she is for a few minutes...



  1. That is gorgeous - love your comment about blocking, i've never done that to any of my projects either!

  2. Ah love it - the colours are gorgeous! x

  3. That is such a lovely blanket; the chevron pattern is one of my favourites.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...