my last attempt at this... I used a slightly different pattern from Purl Bee this time and it seemed to work out better. I love how easily and quickly this pattern knits up, I'll definitely be using it again. The only thing annoying me a bit about the finished blanket is that I had to use grey instead of white (I didn't have enough left in the stash) which makes it a bit darker than I'd like it to be.
very easy pattern to go with it. Can you sense a theme here? My brain is not in the mood for anything complicated at the mo! Tam and I went to Aberfeldy with his family just before I started the new job and I got a good chunk of knitting done there. The pattern is a super simple K1, P1 row then five rows of stocking stitch - the only change I made was using eight colours instead of eleven. I ran out of time to try and block it but being a blanket I don't suppose it matters too much.
All the wool I used is just basic, washable DK yarn, and the pompoms were made with the help of the smallest sized Clover pompom maker.
My next project is a scarf I started before the baby stuff, which will likely be finished mid summer at the most inconvenient time for wearing it, and a bunch of tiny amigurumi stuff for work. (Some of the offices have windows facing the hall and various staff members have decorated theirs with Lego, novelty rings off cakes and - in the case of our window - tiny Easter chicks. Of course, as soon as I let it be known I could knit, I started getting requests for various bits and pieces. I'm keeping a record of the rivalry on Twitter for anyone interested in our rather unique approach to de-stressing.)